Attention all Regional League Players!
We hope you have enjoyed competing in the East Midlands Regional League throughout the 2011/12 season.
The East Midlands Volleyball Association (EMVA) have been working hard to develop Volleyball across the five counties of Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire & Northamptonshire. But to ensure we continue working in the right way we want to hear from the people that the EMVA affects the most, the regional league players.
To have your say and influence the work of the EMVA next season, please click on the following link that will take you to a survey that should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete. After the survey has closed on 31st May 2012, two respondents will be randomly drawn to win a £20 Sportset.com gift voucher.
Tell us what you think at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6BRVWZZ
We look forward to hearing your views,
East Midlands Volleyball Association.
The NVA will be running the Nottinghamshire Volleyball Association Central Venue Grand Prix starting on Saturday the 18 February 2pm-5pm.
The format will be a Grand Prix style event with league games and knockout stages. From the feedback we have already had we are hoping for a minimum of 6-8 teams with everybody playing as much as possible.
This is an open competition, Men, Women and Juniors are welcome and is aimed at giving beginners and improving players a chance to participate and compete, and therefore the majority of players should be players that haven’t played at Regional or National level.
If you do not have a team but still wish to play please contact us and we will try to place you with a team.
On each date there will be a winner, runner up and 3rd place determined and teams will be rewarded with points for finishing in the top 4 places. These points will then be carried on throughout the competition with the winners of the Grand prix being the team with the most points at the end of the season.
All dates will be on Saturdays and are as follows
Southglade Leisure Centre,
We would be grateful if you could let us know if you intend to enter which will help the organisation on the day, but entries will be allowed until 1:45pm on the day.
East Midlands Volleyball Regional League Rules 2010-11
1. All matches are played to the latest EVA rules.
2. No more than 3 NVL registered players may be on court at one time.
Unless aged under 18 as of the 1st Sep at the beginning of the 2010-11season
3. All matches must be played by 30th April 2011.
4. The winning team of the Women’s and Men’s League will be entered in the Regional Champions Trophy, to be held in Kettering on the 21/22 May 2010.
5. Matches will be allocated a 2 week window during which they need to be played and the onus is on the Home Team to contact the Away team to confirm.Matches can be played outside of this period if both teams agree and another date is able to be set.
All match results should be forwarded via email within 7 days of the match being completed and uploaded to the EMVA website by the Competition Secretary within 10 days. Submission of results should be done by the home team using the following format:
Overall Match Score:
The white copy should then be sent through to the Competition Secretary by 5th May 2011, the Yellow sheet kept by one team and the Blue sheet the other.These will be required to prove player eligibility at the Regional Champions Trophy.
6. For all matches the following equipment is required:
2 x Fixed, rounded volleyball posts
A suitable competition net and antennas
1 x Flip scoreboard
1 x Volleyball England Scorepad
1 x Mikasa MVA200
7. Any team failing to notify a result to their relative Competition Secretary within 7 days will be deducted one point.
8. It is the responsibility of the home team to arrange the necessary officials. As a minimum:
1) A Volleyball England qualified and registered referee (minimum Grade 4)
2) A trained scorer comfortable with completing the score sheet
9. After a fixture is arranged if either side cancel within seven days before the fixture the opposing team will be awarded the match 25-0 25-0 25-0 (except if both teams agree the cancellation).
10. Any appeal against the rules of the EMVA should be forwarded by email or in writing to the relative League Secretary by the 30th April 2011. The decision of the EMVA will be final.
11. Each team will pay a £25 fixture completion deposit and an annual £25 League Entry Fee.If all fixtures are completed the deposit can be transferred to the next season.
For more information please go to www.eastmidlandsvb.com