The Regional Champions Trophy is where the winners of all of the men’s and women’s regional leagues from across the 9 English regions come together to compete against each other to become the champions of champions.
For information on the 2008/2009 event and see how the East Midlands representatives got on please click here.
The dates for the 2010 competition have been confirmed as 22 & 23rd May and the venue will be Volleyball England’s new National Training and Education Centre at Kettering Conference Centre.
Rules for the 2010 competition have been confirmed and are shown below:
VOLLEYBALL ENGLAND REGIONAL CHAMPIONS TROPHY RULES
These rules cover the Regional Champions Trophy organised by Volleyball England.
1. Each of the Regional Associations recognised by Volleyball England, may nominate one men’s team and one women’s team to participate in the competition.
2. These teams shall be the winner of the Regional League. Where a Regional League does not exist the Regional Championship winners will be eligible. Where neither of these exist the Regional Association will nominate a club team participating at regional level competition with background explained to the Commissioner.
3. If a region does not nominate a team Volleyball England has the right to ask other regions to enter a subsequent team which should be the 2nd placed team in the relevant regional competition.
4. Participating clubs must be affiliated to Volleyball England.
Withdrawal of teams
1. Any Organisation wishing to withdraw from any competition it has already entered, at whatever stage of the competition, must give at least 7 days prior notice, in writing, to Volleyball England.
2. Failure to do so may result in that Organisation being required to pay a fine of £50.00 together with a surety for the following season’s competitions.
3. Teams failing to arrive on the day of the competition will be fined £50.00.
Late arrival of teams
1. Teams not ready to start the match within 10 minutes of the last match finishing will lose the first set 25-0, the next set will be awarded 10 minutes later 25-0. (Where the competition format states a different set length points awarded will be adjusted accordingly but remain to nil).
1. Teams may have a maximum of 4 bench personnel consisting of Coach, Assistant Coach, Trainer and Physio.
1. There will be separate competitions for men and women.
2. Women may NOT play in men’s competitions and vice versa.
3. All players must be registered members of their club.
4. Players must have played for the club in the nominated League at least once prior to the 1st February of that season
5. Any registered NVL players must have played in at least half of the Regional Competition matches to be eligible for the Regional Champions Trophy (Volleyball England will check with the Regional League and tournament organisers for team sheet information).
6. No player may play for more than one club in the competition.
7. Squads can comprise a maximum of 12 players.
8. Team sheets must be submitted one week prior to the competition. Any teams wishing to make changes due to injury etc must seek permission from the Tournament Commissioner in writing.
1. Each team may register one Libero player for each match.
2. The Libero can be changed between matches.
1. Shirts (numbered front & back) and shorts shall be uniform.
2. Kit and numbers shall be as per NVL rules.
3. Teams NOT in uniform shorts and numbered shirts may be fined £5 per player.
4. The nominated libero per match must wear a contrasting numbered shirt.
Rules of Play
1. The games will be played under FIVB rules except where modified by the Volleyball England Rules of Competition.
1. The competition format will be communicated to all regions once the number of participating regions/teams is confirmed.
2. The draw for the competition will be communicated to all teams at least one week prior to the competition.
3. Court Managers will be responsible for collecting the score sheet from the court and taking it to the results desk.
1. In all pool matches where matches are the best of 3 sets, match points will be awarded as follows (set length is anticipated to be first to 25 points for the first 2 sets and 15 for the final set, with 2 clear points not required).
– Win 2 points.
– Lose 0 points.
3. All playoff matches will be played to best of 3 sets to 25 with the final set to 15.
Final Pool Order
1. Within each Pool teams are ranked by
(i) Match points (see Rule J for allocation of match points)
(ii) Sets for / against percentage
(iii) Points for / against percentage
(iv) Winner of the match between otherwise equally ranked teams.
Non payment of Fines
1. Non payment of fines may lead to entry being refused from future competitions.
Discipline & Code of Conduct
1. Players, Coaches and Managers of all competing teams shall behave in a manner that is not likely to bring the game of Volleyball into disrepute.
2. The Competitions Commission shall have the power to take appropriate action against any affiliated Club, Player, Coach or Manager within its jurisdiction.
3. Any Player, Coach or Manager expelled or disqualified at any stage of the competition shall be automatically suspended for the next match or where suspended in the last match may be suspended in future Regional Champions Trophy fixtures or Regional Competitions fixtures.
1. The decision of the Tournament Commissioner shall be final.
2. Any team wishing to dispute the results of matches at any stage of any competition must bring it to the attention of the Tournament Commissioner at the time the result is handed in, and at that time make their protest in writing.
3. Any Club that wishes to dispute any other matters other than that of the results of matches at any stage of any competition, shall forward its complaint, in writing, to the President of the Competitions Commission within 7 days of the dispute. A fee of £100.00 must accompany the letter. The fee will be refunded if the dispute is found in favour of the disputant or is found to be non-frivolous.
1. Volleyball England will provide qualified 1st & 2nd officials.
2. Teams will be required to provide a competent scorer and at least 2 competent linespersons in neutral matches.
1. A Team trophy shall be awarded to the Champions for which they shall be responsible for safe keeping & returning in time for presentation to the following year’s winners.